We are happy to confirm that Colleague 7 now offers an Outlook Add-in as part of our standard user subscription.
The initial version supports the ability to view record details within Outlook and Create History.
Within Outlook, click on the ‘Get Add-ins’ icon:
Then click on ‘My add ins’ and go the section ‘Custom add-ins’.
Select to ‘Add a custom add-in’ from URL and enter the below URL:
This will install the Colleague 7 Outlook Add in.
From this point on when selecting an email, you will be able to click on the Colleague icon in the toolbar:
Provided the sender’s email address exists against a record within the Colleague system, you will then be able to get the Colleague Summary View within Outlook:
In instances where there is more than one record associated to an email address you will have a record count with next & previous arrows to navigate through the records:
At this time you will be able to:
- View all selected fields as per your Summary View settings
- If there are mulitple records linked with the email address you will be able to scroll through them using a record count / arrow buttons.
- Access the record in Colleague by clicking the name
- Create a History against the record
- Access the associated Company (if it is a Contact record) by clicking the Company name
- Use the ‘Click to Dial’ feature against all phone numbers (if you have this enabled).
- Use the Create History prompt on ‘click to dial’ (if you have this enabled)
Expect near term future versions to offer the ability to:
- Dock the Summary View in Outlook
- Parse Email Attachments
- Attach Documents to Existing Records
- Option for the Add In to be accessible from a Calendar entry.
- Track whether an email has already been logged and offer a manual ‘Log Email’ option if not already registered.
For more information please watch our video.
Any feedback please let us know
Colleague 7 – Product Owner